“I cannot live without books.” –Thomas Jefferson in a letter to John Adams
We regularly hear about the importance of reading actual books. Despite the many benefits, for years I read very little, always making the excuse that I didn’t have time.
But three years ago, I decided to make this a priority, and I’m proud to say that I’ve read at least one book a month since setting that goal. I’ve found it’s not only given me a competitive advantage in my career, but I’m also learning a lot more than ever before.
Here are the best books I’ve read during that period:
- The 10 Best Books I Read in 2016
- The 10 Best Books I Read in 2015
- The 14 Best Books I Read in 2014 (30 Book Challenge)
- 10 Biographies to Add to Your Reading List
- 6 Must-Read Books for Young Professionals
I am grateful for books.